- 1 small head romaine lettuce, cleaned, outer leaves removed
- 2 oranges, rind removed and sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 small red onion, sliced in rings
- 12 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
Make It Prepare Salad:
1. Place a few romaine leaves in center of each of 4 plates. Top with rounds of oranges, then onion rings. Sprinkle with olives and almonds. Prepare dressing:
2. Puree parsley, orange juice, vinegar, chives, salt, pepper in food processor or blender. With motor running, slowly pour in oil in steady stream until dressing is thick. Drizzle over salad. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 243, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 17, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 393, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.