The white-and-wild rice mix gives you a quick start on this satisfying fruit- and nut-studded salad.
1. Prepare rice mix following package directions, using very hot water.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk in 1/4 cup oil.
3. In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Add chicken strips; saute for 4 to 6 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned. Remove chicken to bowl; cover.
4. In large bowl, combine apple, scallion, celery, pecans and cranberries. Add hot rice, chicken, and vinegar mixture.
5. If desired, line a serving bowl with lettuce leaves; spoon salad into bowl. Serve immediately, or refrigerate and serve cold.