Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 45 mins
- 1 1/2 pound small red-skin potatoes
- 1 1/2 pound small white-skin potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus 1/3 cup
- 1 leek, cleaned, thinly sliced (both white and light green parts, 2 cups) (photos 1-2, at right)
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coarse Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet Italian sausage (about 6 links)
1. In large pot, combine potatoes with enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Simmer 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
2. In skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add leek, shallots, garlic; saute 3 minutes to slightly soften. Set aside.
3. Drain potatoes. Slice and transfer to a large bowl. Add leek mixture; toss to combine. Cover to keep warm.
4. In bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, remaining salt, pepper. Whisk in 1/3 cup oil. Add with parsley to potatoes.
5. Heat grill pan or nonstick skillet. Add sausage; cook 6 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F on instant-read meat thermometer. Let stand 2 minutes.
6. Slice sausage on diagonal. Use to garnish warm potato salad. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 515, Fat, total (g): 33, chol. (mg): 45, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 36, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 1161, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.