Yield: 6 cups Prep 15 mins Bake 350°F 25 mins
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 1/2 pounds Savoy cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (3/4 cup)
- 6 ounces red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In small saucepan, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, caraway seeds, salt, pepper and celery seeds. Bring to a boil.
3. In large roasting pan, combine Savoy cabbage and red onion. Pour the warm oil mixture over vegetables; stir to coat vegetables completely.
4. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are wilted. Add the red cabbage; bake for another 10 minutes.
5. Spoon coleslaw along with any liquid from roasting pan into serving bowl. Serve warm. Makes 6 servings (6 cups).
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 172, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 14, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 425, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.