Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 10 mins to 11 mins
- 1 stalk broccoli, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups arugula
1. Cut broccoli stalk into 1/4-inch coins; cut top into bite-size pieces. Steam until tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
2. Place oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, garlic and cumin; cook, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes, until onion is softened. Add salt, pepper and chickpeas and cook 3 minutes. Stir in yellow pepper and broccoli and remove from the heat.
3. Stir in vinegar, honey and water. Place arugula in a bowl and spoon warm chickpea mixture on top. Toss lightly and serve. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 331, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 29, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 7, sodium (mg): 377, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.