- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 4 radishes, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 medium-size sweet pickles, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna in water, drained
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Mini pita bread OR English muffins (optional)
1. Place eggs in medium-size saucepan. Cover with water by 1 inch. Bring just to boiling. Remove from heat. Let stand 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine pickle juice, lemon juice, regular and reduced-fat mayonnaise, celery seed, red pepper, salt and black pepper in medium-size bowl. Add carrot, radish, pickles and tuna; stir to break up tuna.
3. Pour off hot water from eggs; run under cold water until cool to touch. Peel eggs; coarsely chop. Add to tuna mixture. Serve with shredded lettuce and pitas or English muffins.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 338, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 167, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 31, fiber (g): 10, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 695, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.