Servings: 12 Prep 15 mins
- 1/2 seedless watermelon (about 7-1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium-size yellow tomatoes (1/2 pound)
- 1 large seedless cucumber, peeled
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 jalapeno chiles, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling (optional)
1. Remove rind from watermelon and discard. Cut watermelon into 1-inch cubes (about 12 cups). Cut each tomato into 8 wedges. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise; cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
2. In large serving bowl, combine watermelon, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, jalapeno chiles, lime juice and cilantro; toss well. (Can be prepared a day ahead.) Refrigerate. Before serving, toss with salt. If desired, pass extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle over salad. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 64, Fat, total (g): 1, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 14, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 62, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.