- 6 cups torn pices of country-style round Italian bread
- 2 1/2 pounds ripe beefsteak tomatoes, halved, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 4 3/4 ounce can caponata (eggplant salad)
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup good-quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, such as oregano, basil, rosemary or thyme
- Lettuce leaves
1. Combine bread, tomatoes and caponata salad in large bowl.
2. Whisk together vinegar, salt and pepper in small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil. Pour over bread mixture; toss to coat. Toss in herbs. Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 328, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 40, pro. (g): 7, sodium (mg): 980, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.