Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 12 mins
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1/2 pound fresh wax beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1 8 ounce bottle low-fat Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon bottled pesto
- 1 16 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium-sized red onion, coarsley chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1. Cook pasta following package directions, adding green and wax beans 5 minutes before end of cooking time. Drain in colander; run under cold water to stop cooking. Drain well. Transfer pasta mixture to large bowl.
2. Stir together dressing and pesto in small bowl. Add to pasta mixture along with kidney beans, onion and basil; toss to mix. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 260, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 1, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 51, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 539, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.