If you like taco salads, why not try a Thai twist? This is an equally enticing duo of hot meat served over cool greens.
1. For dressing, in small bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, rice-wine vinegar, fish sauce, chile paste (if using), dark sesame oil, sugar, ginger and 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt. Stir in cilantro.
2. Working in batches if necessary, in large skillet, cook meat over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain off liquid. Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt.
3. Add carrots and sweet pepper to skillet; cook for 2 minutes.
4. Stir half of the dressing and the scallion into meat mixture. Remove from heat.
5. In serving bowl, toss salad greens with remaining half of the dressing. Spoon meat mixture over top.