- 1/2 cup bottled salsa-style salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 chopped tomato
- 1 green sweet pepper, diced
- 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 cups sliced iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- Sour cream, for garnish (optional)
1. Stir together dressing, cumin and cilantro in a large bowl. Stir in the tomato, pepper, beans and shrimp. (The mixture can be made 3 hours ahead up to this point and then covered and refrigerated.)
2. Arrange the shredded lettuce in a shallow serving platter. Arrange 3 cups of the tortilla chips around the outside of the platter. Crush the remaining 1 cup chips; stir into shrimp mixture. Spoon the shrimp mixture over the lettuce. Garnish with sour cream if you wish. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 380, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 174, carb. (g): 44, pro. (g): 36, sodium (mg): 923, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.