Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 20 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds red new potatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, cored, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium-size onion, halved and sliced crosswise
- 3 cups escarole, cut into bite-size pieces
1. Place potatoes in saucepan; add enough water to cover. Bring to boiling; boil gently 20 minutes or until knife-tender.
2. Meanwhile, mix chicken broth, vinegar, sugar, mustard powder, salt, pepper and crushed fennel seeds in saucepan. Heat to simmering; keep warm.
3. Add sausage to large skillet; cook over medium-high heat for 7 minutes or until beginning to brown. Add sweet peppers and onion; reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 9 minutes, until vegetables are tender and sausage is cooked through.
4. Drain potatoes; cut in half or in quarters. Place in large bowl; add warm dressing and sausage mixture; toss to coat. Add escarole; toss. Serve slightly warm. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 229, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 31, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 22, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 12, sodium (mg): 627, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.