- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 red Bartlett pears
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups lightly packed, washed, torn red-leaf lettuce
- 4 cups lightly packed, washed, torn curly endive
- 6 ounces Stilton or other blue cheese
1. In a blender or small food processor, grind pistachios, bread crumbs and rosemary. Spread mixture on sheet of waxed paper or plate.
2. Cut pears in half; core them and thinly slice lengthwise. Coat each pear slice on both sides with pistachio mixture. Prepare the dressing:
3. Place pear, vinegar, mustard, oil, rosemary, salt and pepper in small food processor or blender. Whirl until smooth and creamy. If necessary, add water to thin to desired consistency.
4. Arrange lettuce on 6 small plates, dividing equally. Place coated pear slices over top. Crumble 1 ounce Stilton over each. Drizzle with 1 to 2 tablespoons dressing. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 354, Fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): 32, carb. (g): 36, pro. (g): 14, sodium (mg): 794, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.