Bottled hot pepper sauce provides the heat in the spicy dressing. For a taco-style salad, serve the chicken, avocado, and rice combo in purchased tortilla shells.
1. Bring 3 cups water to boiling in shallow skillet or saucepan. Reduce heat to medium; add chicken breasts. Poach chicken at gentle simmer for 10 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Remove skillet from heat. Let the chicken cool slightly in liquid before removing to a cutting board.
2. Once chicken has cooled completely, shred with fork. Transfer to serving bowl.
3. Add peppers, green onions and white rice.Dressing:
4. Whisk together vinegar, chili powder, salt, cumin, black pepper, pepper sauce and lime juice in measuring cup or bowl. Whisk in oil in a thin stream until well blended.
5. Add dressing to salad in serving bowl; toss to mix. Add avocado; stir gently to combine, being careful not to mash avocado. Use to fill flour or flavored tortillas, or taco shells.