Servings: 4 Prep 8 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed, left whole
- 1 head red-leaf lettuce, washed, dried
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped candied walnuts (such as Emerald brand)
1. Drain mandarin oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons of the juice. Stir together reserved juice, sour cream, maple syrup, lemon juice, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Set aside.
2. Place chicken, broth and garlic in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce to simmer. Cook until chicken is done, about 10 minutes, adding beans during last 5 minutes of cooking. Remove chicken to cutting board. When slightly cool, cut into strips.
3. Line four plates with lettuce. Gently toss chicken, beans and drained oranges with dressing. Place on top of lettuce; scatter chopped walnuts on top and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 394, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 89, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 37, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 37, sodium (mg): 480, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.