- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red-pepper sauce
- 1 can (19 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (19 ounces) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (16 ounces) corn niblets, drained
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, halved, cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces baked ham, cut into thin strips (1 cup) (optional)
- 1 small red onion, cut in half lengthwise and then crosswise into thin slices (3/4 cup)
- Lettuce leaves
1. Whisk together oil, juice, vinegar, cumin, salt and hot pepper sauce in large bowl until well blended.
2. Stir black beans, white beans, corn, sweet red or green pepper, ham if using, and onion into the dressing; toss together until all the ingredients are well coated. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, for several hours or until well chilled.
3. To serve, spoon salad over bed of lettuce leaves. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 382, Fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 51, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 978, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.