Servings: 10 Prep 15 mins Stand 1 hr
- 1 medium head cabbage, (about 1-1/2 pounds), cored and shredded (8 cups)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 carrots, trimmed and shredded
1. In large bowl, combine cabbage and 2 teaspoons salt. Place plate over surface; weight down with canned goods. Let stand 60 minutes.
2. Stir sour cream, sugar, vinegar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in bowl.
3. Squeeze cabbage by handfuls to remove extra liquid. Add with onion, carrot to sour cream mixture. Toss. Makes 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 86, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 5, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 16, pro. (g): 1, sodium (mg): 554, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.