Servings: 6 Prep 30 mins Chill At least 2 hrs
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 6 cups cold water
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tomatoes, halved, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, julienned or coarsely shredded (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
1. Soak bulgur in 6 cups cold water for 30 minutes. Strain in sieve; press bulgur gently with back of spoon to remove excess water.
2. Whisk together lemon juice, oil, cumin, salt, pepper and cinnamon in bowl until blended. Add bulgur, tomato, green onion, radishes, parsley and mint. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
3. Just before serving, add avocado to the salad. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve salad cold or at room temperature. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 216, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 25, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 283, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.