- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 pound small cooked shrimp
- 1 cup fresh sweet yellow corn kernels (from 2 small ears)
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, sliced into rings
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2/3 cup white or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 squeezes of fresh lime juice (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno chile, seeds removed and finely chopped (use more if you are a "heat freak")
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Corn tortilla chips
- Fresh cilantro sprigs and sliced avocado, optional
1. In a large bowl, toss together both kinds of cabbage, shrimp, corn, pepper, red onion and cilantro.
2. In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, lime juice, sugar and cumin; stir to blend. Add dressing to salad; mix gently. Add jalapeno, salt and pepper.
3. Line 8 glasses or bowls with tortilla chips to cover bottoms. Spoon slaw on top. Garnish with cilantro and/or avocado.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 236, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 111, carb. (g): 20, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 341, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.