Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 10 ounce package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 4 ounces reduced-fat pepper-Jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 large (about 9-inch) flour tortillas
1. Bring rice to boiling in broth in saucepan. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain rice in colander; rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
2. For dressing, whisk together lime juice, chili powder, salt, cumin and black pepper in bowl. Whisk in oil.
3. Combine rice, corn, red pepper, celery and onion in serving bowl. Gently stir in cheese and cilantro. Add dressing; toss to coat. Tortilla shells:
4. Mix chili powder and salt in small bowl. Coat both sides of tortillas with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle 1 side of each tortilla with a pinch of the chili powder mixture. Place large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Warm 1 tortilla in skillet until pliable, about 1 minute per side. Place tortilla in soup bowl for serving. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
5. Spoon salad into tortillas. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 369, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 10, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 55, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 14, sodium (mg): 903, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.