Bottled Thousand Island dressing and lime juice temper the heat from the spiced chicken and pepper cheese in this chopped salad. Tortilla chips offer a pleasing crunch.
1. In small dish, combine chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper, cumin and garlic powder. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the lime juice. Spread onto both sides of flattened chicken breasts.
2. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; saute until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip over; saute until internal temperature registers 170 degrees F on instant-read thermometer, about 4 minutes. Transfer to cutting board.
3. In small bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice and Thousand Island dressing.
4. In large bowl, toss together romaine, cheese, avocado, onion and tomatoes. Add salad dressing mixture; toss.
5. Slice chicken into bite-size pieces. Add along with tortilla chips to bowl; toss. Serve immediately with extra chips on side. Makes 6 servings.