Servings: 6 Start to Finish 15 mins
- 1/2 fully cooked roasted chicken
- 1 bag (1 pound) broccoli coleslaw OR cabbage coleslaw
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds
1. Remove skin from chicken; remove meat from bones and shred (you should have about 1-1/2 cups); discard bones.
2. Toss together the shredded chicken, broccoli coleslaw and black-eyed peas.
3. Whisk together maple syrup, vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour over salad; toss to combine. Add almonds just before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 386, Fat, total (g): 25, chol. (mg): 31, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 27, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 454, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.