Servings: 6 Prep 30 mins Chill 1 hr
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground hot red pepper
- 8 ounces linguine, broken in half
- 8 ounces trimmed grilled steak or cooked roast beef, thinly sliced and cut into strips
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 sweet white onion, peeled, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise and separated into half rings
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups shredded romaine OR: iceberg lettuce
- Fresh parsley and cilantro sprigs, for garnish (optional)
1. Whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise and olive oil in a large bowl. Whisk in oregano, cumin, salt, black pepper and hot red pepper until well blended.
2. Cook linguine according to package directions until al dente, firm but tender. Drain; rinse under cold water and drain well.
3. Add pasta to dressing in bowl. Toss in beef, tomatoes, onion, parsley and basil. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Serve on lettuce. Garnish with fresh parsley and cilantro sprigs if you wish. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 266, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 72, carb. (g): 25, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 422, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.