Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Chill 1 hr
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe plum tomatoes (about 6), cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 tablespoons Italian dressing (such as Wish-Bone)
- 3 hot cherry peppers, seeds removed, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head red leafy lettuce, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 ounces Genoa salami, cut into ribbons
- 2 ounces spicy Italian ham (capicola) cut into thin ribbons
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-size pieces, or bocconcini, halved
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- Additional Italian dressing (optional)
1. In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes, Italian dressing, cherry peppers, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large serving platter. Spoon the tomato salad and any accumulated liquid over the lettuce. Scatter the salami, ham, mozzarella and olives over the tomatoes.
3. Serve immediately with additional Italian dressing on the side, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 263, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 44, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 13, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 14, sodium (mg): 1193, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.