Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Grill 10 mins
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 red sweet pepper, stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 4 cups cooked whole grain rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Lightly brush vegetables with 1 tablespoon of the oil. For a charcoal grill, place vegetables on the rack of the grill over medium-hot coals. Cover and grill for 3 to 5 minutes for asparagus, turning once, and about 10 minutes for the zucchini, sweet pepper, and onion, turning once, or until vegetables are tender. Remove and cool slightly. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add vegetables to grill rack and grill as above.)
2. Cut vegetables into 1/2-inch pieces and toss with pasta in a large bowl. Add remaining oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper to pasta mixture; toss to coat. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 333, Fat, total (g): 12, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 49, Monounsaturated fat (g): 7, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 5, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 9, vit. A (IU): 1409, vit. C (mg): 47, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 157, sodium (mg): 152, Potassium (mg): 281, calcium (mg): 20, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.