Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced, peeled, seeded ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms (about 3 ounces)
- 1 cup diced, peeled, seeded cucumber
- 1 cup diced sweet green pepper
- 6 green onions (both white and green parts), chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch spinach (about 4 ounces), stemmed, washed and dried
1. Cook orzo in boiling chicken broth in medium-size saucepan for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain excess liquid if necessary. Place orzo in large bowl. Stir 1 tablespoon olive oil into orzo.
2. Add tomato, mushrooms, cucumber, green pepper, green onion and parsley to the orzo; stir until ingredients are well combined.
3. Whisk together the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil, the vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour over orzo mixture; toss gently until well combined.
4. Serve the salad over a bed of spinach.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 264, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 2, carb. (g): 30, pro. (g): 7, sodium (mg): 615, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.