- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes (2 to 3 medium-size), seeded and coarsely chopped (2 to 3 cups)
- 1/2 pound Feta cheese, coarsely crumbled (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium-size seedless cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 bunch arugula, coarsely chopped (about 2 to 3 cups)
- 1 medium-size red onion, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 6 regular-size pita breads (12 ounces total)
1. Whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in large bowl.
2. Add tomato, feta, cucumber, arugula and onion; toss to coat.
3. Cut pita breads in half and split each half open to form pocket. Fill each half with about 1/2 cup mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 274, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 34, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 41, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 13, sodium (mg): 914, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.