Servings: 8 Yield: 1-1/2 cups dressing Prep 15 mins
- 1 large head leaf lettuce
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced into wedges
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced into rounds
Starwberry Vinaigrette (recipe follows):
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 strawberries, with tops cut off
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf tarragon, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
1. Arrange lettuce, onion, avacado and orange on platter. Drizzle with Strawberry Vinaigrette. Garnish with berries, if desired. Strawberry Vinaigrette:
2. Combine the olive oil, strawberries, vinegar, salt, pepper, tarragon and sugar in a food processor. Whirl until the strawberries are pureed. The vinaigrette dressing can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated. Stir before using. Makes 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 97, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 8, pro. (g): 1, sodium (mg): 6, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.