Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 4 mins
- 8 cups chopped escarole (1 large head)
- 2 11 ounce cans mandarin oranges, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/2 head fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 diced avocado
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large scallops
1. In large bowl, combine chopped escarole, mandarin oranges,
2. fennel, and avocado.
3. Whisk together 3 tbsp reserved mandarin liquid, minced shallot, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil.
4. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops to pan and cook 1-1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Top salad with scallops and drizzle with citrus dressing; toss to coat and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 313, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 37, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 24, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 324, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.