Servings: 10 Prep 15 mins Cook 5 mins
- 1 3/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup tarragon-flavored vinegar
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large sweet yellow peppers (1 pound total), cored, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1/2 large jicama (about 3/4 pound), peeled and cut into 2 x 1/4-inch strips
1. Bring large pot of water to boiling. Add green beans; cook just until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; rinse under cold water; drain.
2. In food processor, combine vinegar, onion, mustard, salt and pepper. Process until onion is finely chopped. With processor running, slowly add oil until dressing is thick and well blended (emulsified).
3. In large bowl, toss green beans, sweet peppers and jicama with dressing to thoroughly coat. (Can be prepared 3 hours before serving.) Serve cold or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 149, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 12, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 255, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.