Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 12 mins
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce (1 large head)
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 14 ounce firm tofu
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. In small bowl, blend chunky peanut butter, minced garlic cloves, hot water, light-brown sugar, rice vinegar, low-sodium soy sauce and red pepper flakes.
2. Place chopped iceberg lettuce in a large bowl and add sweet red pepper and scallions.
3. Drain tofu and cut into 1-inch squares. Pat dry with paper towels. Place cornstarch in a pie plate and coat tofu with cornstarch.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook tofu for 10 to 12 minutes, turning often, or until golden brown. Add tofu to bowl; drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 302, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 31, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 14, sodium (mg): 380, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.