Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook About 20 mins
- 1 10 ounce package frozen lima beans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 strip bacon, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium-size red onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels, from 6 large ears
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, each halved
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Cook lima beans according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, add butter and bacon. Cook over medium-high heat until bacon starts to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in onion and green pepper and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add corn, broth, salt, pepper and cooked lima beans; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cream, tomatoes and parsley. Heat through and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 245, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 31, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 33, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 402, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.