Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Marinate 10 mins Broil 7 mins
Marinade and Dressing
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cleaned medium shrimp (35-40 count)
- 4 cups finely shredded cole slaw mix (or green and red cabbage)
- 1 package taco-size flour tortillas (8 per package)
- 1 cup prepared guacamole (recipe at familycircle.com/guacamole)
Make It Marinade and Dressing
1. In a small bowl, whisk together cilantro, lime juice, oil, honey, chili powder, salt, cumin and pepper. Tacos
2. Heat broiler to high. In medium-size bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the marinade and the shrimp. In second medium-size bowl, combine remaining marinade and the cole slaw mix. Let both marinate for 10 minutes.
3. Transfer shrimp to a broiler pan. Broil, 2 to 3 inches from heat, for 6 to 7 minutes, turning once.
4. Spread a tortilla with about 2 tablespoons guacamole. Top with 4 or 5 shrimp and 1/4 cup slaw. Repeat with all ingredients.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 285, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 10, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 34, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 7, sodium (mg): 656, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.