Servings: 6 Prep 25 mins Bake 375°F 1 hr 30 mins Broil 45 mins Stand 10 mins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium-size butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, and sliced into 1/8-inch-thick half moons
- 1/2 pound parsnips, peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch-thick half moons
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound white turnip, peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch-thick half moons
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat chicken broth
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, thyme, nutmeg and cayenne. In another bowl, combine cheese and garlic.
3. Layer half the butternut squash in dish; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon seasoning and 1/2 cup cheese mixture. Layer parsnips and carrots over squash and season with 1/2 teaspoon seasoning and 1/2 cup cheese, followed by chickpeas, onion and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning and 1/2 cup cheese. Top with turnip, remaining butternut squash and seasoning. Pour chicken broth over top. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 60 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
4. Combine panko and olive oil. Sprinkle evenly over vegetables. Broil 45 seconds or until lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 328, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 25, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 41, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 687, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.