Servings: 8 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Cook 12 mins Bake 375°F 45 mins
- 6 slices smoked bacon
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cans (15 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) pink beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup root beer (not diet)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons Frank's hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees .
2. Cook bacon in a large flame-proof baking dish over medium-high heat until crisp, about 7 minutes. Remove bacon to a cutting board and coarsely chop. Add onion to baking dish, reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes, until golden brown.
3. Stir in beans, root beer, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, hot sauce and salt. Add chopped bacon. Bring to a simmer and transfer dish to oven.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 477, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 14, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 76, fiber (g): 15, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 1119, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.