Servings: 10 Prep 10 mins Bake 350°F 1 hr 5 mins
- 2 15 1/2 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup whole unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Dry chickpeas in a single layer between paper towels.
2. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, coriander, salt, ginger, allspice and, if using, cayenne. Toss chickpeas with half the spice mix and 1 tbsp of the oil. Arrange on a sided baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
3. Toss almonds and sesame seeds with remaining spice mix and 1 tbsp oil; mix into chickpeas on baking sheet. Bake another 20 minutes, or until chickpeas are slightly crispy and almonds are toasted. Cool slightly and toss with apricots and dates. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 189, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 27, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 6, sodium (mg): 91, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.