Servings: 8 Total Time 15 mins
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor or blender and pulse until coarsely chopped.
2. Add the peppers, cheese and oil and blend until fully incorporated and fairly smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with whole grain crackers.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 72, Fat, total (g): 6, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 2, fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): , pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 150, calcium (mg): 66, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.