Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 13 mins Roast 425°F 35 mins
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can chicken broth with roasted vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Focaccia (optional)
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, thyme and pepper. Spread onto a large rimmed baking sheet and roast at 425 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring once.
2. Spoon tomato mixture and any accumulated liquid into a large soup pot. Add chicken broth and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer; cook 10 minutes. Transfer in batches to a blender and puree until smooth. Return to pot and stir in half-and-half and balsamic vinegar. Cook 3 minutes until heated through (do not boil). Serve with focaccia, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 268, Fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): 45, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 14, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 6, sodium (mg): 770, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.