Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Bake 450°F 30 mins Cook 6 mins
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 1/4 pounds), trimmed and cut into florets
- 6 cloves garlic, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
Make It Cauliflower
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Combine cauliflower and garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. While stirring, season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast at 450 degrees F for 30 minutes, stirring once. Cheese Sauce
2. Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat in a medium-size saucepan (not nonstick). Whisk in flour and cook 2 minutes. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly until smooth. Bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally. Season with salt and nutmeg. Simmer 4 minutes and remove from heat. Stir in shredded cheese, whisking until smooth.
3. Transfer roasted cauliflower and garlic to a platter. Top with cheese sauce and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 207, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 33, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 9, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 9, sodium (mg): 391, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.