Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 18 mins
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 4 6 1/2 ounce can minced clams
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cherry peppers, sliced (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. In a large pot, cook rigatoni 2 minutes less than package directions, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
2. Drain clams, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice.
3. In the same pot that pasta was cooked in, heat olive oil over medium-high heat; add garlic and cook for 1 minute until lightly browned. Stir in reserved clam juice, tomatoes, cherry peppers, salt, sugar and pepper; simmer for 4 minutes. Add clams and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta and cook for 1 minute or until pasta is tender, adding some of the reserved cooking water if needed.
4. Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Serve with lemon wedges.
- For a less spicy sauce, use only 2 cherry peppers and remove the seeds.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 440, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 36, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 69, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 26, sodium (mg): 923, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.