Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook 5 hrs low
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice mix
- 2 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head Boston lettuce
1. Rinse rice under cold water. Place rice in slow cooker bowl and add the broth, chicken, shallot, carrot and celery. Cover and cook on LOW for about 5 hours or until rice kernels are open but not mushy.
2. Remove cover and stir in snap peas, vinegar, walnuts, parsley, salt and pepper.
3. Remove 12 small bowl-shaped leaves from head of lettuce; rinse and pat dry. Spoon about 1/2 cup rice mixture into each lettuce cup and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 338, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 44, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 42, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 696, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.