Servings: 4 Start to Finish 30 mins
- 1 12 ounce bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups chilled, cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1. Heat the canola oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add the asparagus to the skillet. Saute for 1 minute (3 minutes if asparagus is thick). Add the scallions, ginger, and garlic; saute until the asparagus is just tender, about 2 minutes more.
2. Add the rice and peas to the skillet, breaking up rice as you stir. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until the rice is heated through. Reduce heat to medium.
3. Make a well in the center of the rice and pour in the eggs. As the eggs begin to cook, stir them into the rice until the egg is thoroughly incorporated. Remove from heat. Stir in soy sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 308, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 106, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 43, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 5, pro. (g): 11, vit. A (IU): 1361, vit. C (mg): 11, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 81, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 339, Potassium (mg): 339, calcium (mg): 61, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.