Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 34 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (12 ounces; 4 links) spicy smoked chicken or pork sausage, such as habanero green chile or andouille, cut into coins
- 1 medium-size onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 rib celery, trimmed and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chiles, drained
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) light, low-sodium chicken broth
1. Heat oil in large lidded skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sausage and saute, shaking pan and stirring frequently until chicken is no longer pink but not cooked completely, about 4 minutes.
2. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and sausage to a bowl. Reduce heat to medium and add onion, green pepper and celery to skillet. Cook vegetables until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in Cajun seasoning, tomatoes and rice. Add broth.
3. Bring to a simmer, then cover pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 20 minutes, until almost all the liquid is absorbed. Stir chicken and sausage back into pan, along with any accumulated juices. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes, until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 351, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 91, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 34, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 1062, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.