Servings: 4 Prep 11 mins Cook 9 mins
- 2 links chicken sausage (6 oz.), halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped red and green sweet peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces cooked peeled, deveined shrimp, halved lengthwise
- 1 8.8 ounce package cooked brown rice (1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1. Cook chicken sausage in hot canola oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in peppers and onion and cook until tender (4 to 5 minutes more), stirring occasionally. Stir in shrimp and cook until it curls (1 to 2 minutes), then stir in rice, turmeric, and broth. Cook for 2 minutes more to heat through.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.