Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 35 mins
- 1 cup raw long-grain brown rice
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable broth OR: water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups shredded spinach leaves (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup finely sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1. Combine rice, broth and bay leaf in medium-size saucepan. Bring to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Remove bay leaf and discard.
2. Stir spinach into rice. Stir in green onion, parsley, basil, tarragon, salt and nutmeg just until mixed; herbs should stay green and fresh. Serve with shrimp.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 196, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 40, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 726, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.