Edamame, mushrooms, and rice are the stars of this satisfying vegetarian one-dish meal. A sprinkling of Parmesan cheese tops this healthy recipe.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
2. Cook edamame, about 5 minutes, following package directions. Drain, cool and remove beans from shells. Add beans to mushrooms in skillet. Discard shells.
3. Place broth and water in a medium-size saucepan and bring to a simmer.
4. In a large saucepan, heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add rice and stir until rice is coated with oil. Cook for 1 minute, stirring-. Add wine and cook until wine is absorbed -- about 1 minute
5. Add 1/2 cup of the simmering broth mixture. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until broth is absorbed. Add remaining broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, cooking in the same manner. This should take about 30 minutes.
6. Gently heat mushrooms and edamame. Stir into rice and remove from heat. Stir in the pepper and 1/4 cup of the cheese.
7. Divide among 4 bowls and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.