Servings: 4 Yield: 6 1/2 cups Start to Finish 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups leftover white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Add the garlic and cook for about 10 to 15 seconds or until fragrant but not coloring.
2. Add the eggs and, using a wooden spoon, cook stirring constantly until curds begin to form, about 30 to 60 seconds.
3. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and add the shrimp. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until they just turn pink. Add the rice and green onions to the pan and stir-fry for 2 minutes more or until the rice is heated through. Use the spoon to break up any clumps of rice and add the soy sauce-water mixture and toss to combine well. Scrape up any of the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan and serve immediately garnished with the cilantro.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 431, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 265, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 47, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 4, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): , pro. (g): 31, vit. A (IU): 435, vit. C (mg): 4, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 117, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 2, sodium (mg): 494, Potassium (mg): 328, calcium (mg): 97, iron (mg): 5, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.