Yield: 3 cups Prep 25 mins Chill 1 hr to 6 hrs
- 3 Roma tomatoes, halved, seeded, and very coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, cut up
- 1/4 small cantaloupe, seeded, peeled, and cut up
- 1 Gravenstein or pink lady apple, cored and cut up
- 1/2 medium green sweet pepper, seeded and cut up
- 1 - 2 fresh jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and cut up*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Tortilla chips or orange or red sweet pepper wedges
1. In a food processor bowl combine tomatoes, onion, cantaloupe, apple, green sweet pepper, jalapeno pepper, sugar, lime juice, salt, and cumin. Cover and pulse with several off/on turns until chopped. (Or coarsely chop with a knife.) Cover and chill for 1 to 6 hours before serving. Stir well before serving. Serve with chips. Makes 3 cups salsa.
Tip *Chile pepper safety:
- Because hot chile peppers, such as jalapenos, contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with chiles as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chile peppers, wash your hands well with soap and water.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 20, carb. (g): 5, fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 4, vit. A (IU): 437, vit. C (mg): 11, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 8, sodium (mg): 51, Potassium (mg): 101, calcium (mg): 10, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.