Servings: 8 Yield: servings Prep 5 mins Cook 14 mins
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely diced shallots
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted beef stock
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
1. In a medium skillet, melt 2 tbsp of the butter over medium heat. Stir in shallots and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until softened. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Whisk in stock, wine and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce by half and simmer 10 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1 tbsp butter, the salt and freshly cracked pepper.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 65, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 11, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 2, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 1, sodium (mg): 126, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.