- 2 1/2 cups cubed fresh watermelon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 - 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (optional)
- 2 0.33 ounce pkgs. blue popping candy (such as Pop Rocks)
- 2 cups white candy coating disks (such as Wilton Candy Melts)
1. In a food processor or blender, combine the watermelon, lime juice, and sugar (if using). Cover and process or blend until smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into rocket-shaped pop molds and freeze until until solid, about 6 hours.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove pops from molds and place on baking sheet. Freeze 30 minutes more.
4. Place the popping candy in a small bowl. Place the candy coating in a medium bowl and melt according to package directions. Transfer to a tall glass. Remove pops from freezer and quickly dip pops in the melted candy coating. Immediately sprinkle with the popping candy. Return to the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pops, working quickly so they do not melt.
5. Return the pops to the freezer to let the candy set, about 10 minutes.
- To fully enjoy the popping candies, serve within 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 187, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 27, Monounsaturated fat (g): , Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): 26, pro. (g): , vit. A (IU): 362, vit. C (mg): 6, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 2, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 33, Potassium (mg): 74, calcium (mg): 19, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.